The media placeholder layer can hold either images, flat color or video files. Use video files to show testimonials, product videos or moving graphic elements.
To prepare video files follow these specifications:
- Videos should be MP4 format. The quality and reslution of the video are up to you.
- Videos should be the same FPS as the scene they are used in. If they aren't, the videos are automatically converted to the correct FPS using frame blending. This slows down final rendering.
- Make the videos the same resolution as the placeholder. If you have no control over this, use the media alignment feature to align the video in the placeholder as needed.
- Pixel aspect ratio is assumed at 1.
- If you need a video with alpha, use Quicktime Animation as your video format instead of MP4.
- Videos with alpha have to be premultiplied on black. This means their background has to be black, not white or any other color.
Uploading video files to Storybuilding Suite is limited to 30Mb per file. Even if you host videos on your own sever, using videos that are larger in size will dramatically impact render speeds and might even result in video not rendering due to time-out.