There are several tools that can ease the process of preparing After Effects projects for Idomoo. Here's a quick list:
- Bake Paranted Transform — This script, available through aescripts.com simply turns animation generated by either parenting or expressions into keyframes on the selected layer. The script is very handy in ensuring that the animation of dynamic layers is exactly what you want it to be without it relying on layers that might get rendered or moved, or expressions that might change, such as wiggle.
- 3D Precompose — This script does smart pre-comps by reading to see whether any selected layers rely on nulls, cameras and lights. If so, 3D Precompose copies those layers to the generated comp too. The script by Video Copilot is free.
- rd: Comp Setter — This script does exactly that — it sets comp properties. The nice thing about it is that it can set a lot of properties to a lot of comps at the same time. So if you realize half way through your work that you worked with the wrong fps or wrong aspect ratio, for example, you can fix all that with the click of a button. You can download this script from aescripts.com.
- Scale Composition — Idomoo renders the fastest when the IDMs are the size of your desired output. To quickly scale your composition, Adobe added a nifty little script to the File > Scripts menu called Scale Composition.
To use it do the following:
- Open the composition you want to scale.
- Click File > Scripts > Scale Composition.
- Click New Comp Height.
- Fill the height you want to achieve in the text field, for example: 720.
- Click OK and watch the magic happen.
- Repeat this for all comp that need scaling. Please note that on rare occasions I've seen layers shifting position, so double check the script didn't mess anything up.