Idomoo video generation platform hosts the video files ready to be watched in its internal hosting module.
- The video storage is protected and only permits read access permission.
- Video files are encrypted while at rest in the storage.
- Video files are accessible via HTTPS protocols.
- Video files are hosted for a limited period of time.
The video files are stored in a storage with a very high durability in order to provide the highest availability, stability and scalability.
All the files stored in the storage implementation are server-side encrypted (SSE) while at rest using one of the strongest block ciphers—256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256).
Video storage time
All video files are hosted for a limited period of time.
By default, the video files will be hosted for 30 days from the video generation time.
When the hosting time expires, the video files are deleted automatically and can't be accessed or restored.
The storage period can be set up in advance to a longer or shorter period. Contact your project manager or support to do so. Note that this might have commercial implications.
Video file naming
The video file name is a unique identifier.
Each video request generated a video file with a unique ID as its name. The unique ID can be provided as part of the video data whether it is being sent via the API or as an additional field in the data file, when using video generation by data file upload methodology.
It is recommended that this unique ID is generated for the purpose of matching between the customer and the video URL. In addition, the unique ID should not be a "real-world" unique ID such as social security number, telephone number, and so on.
Moreover, the unique ID provided by the customer should not be a serial one but random or hashed value.
If a unique ID is not provided, the platform generates a unique ID according to the security recommendation and principals below:
- The link to each video does not contain personal customer details.
- Each video URL is a unique file name.
- The video unique ID is an alphanumeric value with a changing length of 36-45 characters.
This unique ID is generated by a function that takes a list of random, time based and other values and creates a single long and non-serial alphanumeric value.
An example for such value is: 719yb61kh6g176lf2svau4bm1h725va12hg017b
This action acts as mitigation for the risk of customer data exposure to hostile unauthorized attackers & fraud attempts.
Idomoo URL Structure
The video file's address is structured as follows to ensure uniqueness and alignment with security requirements:
- Protocol - HTTP for plain traffic or HTTPS for SSL encrypted traffic.
- Host server domain - The host location of the video file. For example: v.idomoo.com.
- Account ID - A value representing the specific account ID on the Idomoo platform.
- Statistics ID - A value representing the Batch ID in a case the video is part of a specific batch or Clip ID in case the video was generated via API request.
- Video unique ID - The video filename itself as described in the Video File Naming section above.
- Output format - A value representing the video file format. For example - mp4 or m3u8.
The full structure is as follows:
https://<Host server domain>/<Account ID>/<Batch ID/<Video unique ID>.<Output format>
Protecting Videos With Password
To further bolster the security of the hosted videos, they can be protected with a password defined by you, the user, when generating the video.
You can read more about this in the article: Password Protected Video Delivery.