The Quick Form feature gives you access to a quick media generation interface, either to embed in your own website or for testing and approval purposes. This article takes you through the two methods of accessing and using Quick Form and includes a table of relevant settings you will need to apply in order to get the best from this feature.
Quick Form can be used in two ways:
- To generate quick previews for approval.
- To embed video generation capabilities on your website.
This article details the process of using both Quick Form methods and the settings, export options, and various other options available for sharing your video.
Using Quick Form is charged for each use and requires you to have Available Rendering Minutes on your Idomoo account.
Manually Generating Videos with Quick Form
If you wish to create a version of your video for testing or approval or allow a stakeholder the ability to generate their own videos, the ideal method is to use Quick Form. Access the Quick Form from the Storybuilder by following these steps:
- Select the Storyboard you want to work with by clicking on the thumbnail to open it in the Storybuilder.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right of the interface and select Open Quick Form from the drop down list.
A new window opens showing the Quick Form for your Storyboard. Follow these steps to use it:
- Fill in any data parameters required by your Storyboard in the area provided.
- Click the Generate button once you have finished choosing various output options (details of these are listed below).
Note: A Quick Form can be directly accessed by a URL. To access a Quick Form directly you need to know the Storyboard name and ID and enter it using the following syntax:
The Output Options
Once you have accessed a Quick Form, output options are available to you, described in the table below.
|Format:||HLS (HTTP Live Steam for speedy delivery of videos)|
MP4 (Compatible with most media devices)
GIF (Animated picture steam, no audio)
|Resolution:||100% (default), reducible in stages to 25%|
Note: Reducing the resolution will help reduce the final file size
|Quality:||Good, Better, Best|
Reducing the quality of your generated video will also help to reduce the final file size
The Share Options
Once the video has been generated, you are able to share it using any of the options that appear below the video. Their function is described in the following table.
Note: You may need to scroll down to see some of these options.
|Download Video:||Allows you to download a copy of the video to your computer.|
|Share via Email:||Allows you to share the video via email, directly from the Quick Form interface. Scroll down to see the various input fields (email recipient, sender, etc.).|
|Get Link:||Provides you with a shareable link.|
|Copy Thumbnail:||Allows you to paste a thumbnail of your video into an email. The thumbnail will link to the Landing Page.|
Embedding a Quick Form on Your Website
The necessary HTML code needed for you to embed this video into a target website can be set up and customized using Quick Form from the Generate Videos option. This lets any visitor to your website create a customized video, but note this is still charged.
Accessing the Quick Form Designer
To access the Quick Form designer from Generate Videos, do the following:
- Click on the Main Menu button in the top left of the interface and select Generate Videos from the drop-down menu.
- Once the Generate Videos page appears, select the Quick Form tab, and then choose the Storyboard you wish to work with.
- You can optionally select a Landing Page where the video will play. The default Idomoo Landing Page is used if you do not specify an alternative. Click here for more details on Landing Page design and usage. Landing Page configuration is not available when accessing Quick Form through other methods.
How To design Quick Form Embed Code
When you define the various options of your Quick Form video (resolution, landing page, and so on), each of these decisions is reflected in an Embed Code box that can be found directly below the Quick Form preview window.
If you wish to customize this code further, click on the Design Embed Code button found to the left of the interface. This reveals more options available to you, including changing the default title of your video, the opacity of the interface, and the button color.
You can also define the Video Format and Resolution.
Changing any of these options will automatically update the HTML code found in the Embed Code box.
Copy the HTML code found in this box to embed the Quick Form on your website.