Quick answers to frequently asked questions about animation and post-production
What After Effects versions are supported?
Idomoo supports After Effects versions CC 2014.2 through CC 2017. You'll have to use the latest updates of either to make sure there are no errors. If you are using an older version, you will have to upgrade.
Space Tools and the After Effects plugin Launch Pad will never be supported on After Effects CC 2018 and later. Idomoo will soon release a new plugin suite which will. If you still need to use Space Tools, you can always install a second, previous version of AE along side the latest one by following the instructions here.
Where do I download the plugin?
The plugin, part of Idomoo's Space Tools, is used to mark layers as placeholders and package scenes as IDM files to be uploaded to the Storybuilding Suite. You download Space Tools from the Storybuilding Suite website at this location.
What are the supported After Effects layer features?
When trying to install I get this message on my Mac: "Space Tools Installer can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer."
Apple won't allow unidentified developers to run applications without a warning. Idomoo is considered an unidentified developer. You know us though, so we're good to go.
To make your Mac run the installer (which is an application) follow these simlpe steps:
- In the Finder, locate the installer.
- Right-click or control-click the app icon, then choose Open from the shortcut menu.
- In the message panel that opens, click Open again.
The installer is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it just as you can any registered app.
I'm getting the error: This module does not support getting output suffixes
This error is most likely due to a problem with the output modules you load during installation. It has somehow stopped working. To check if that's indeed the case, follow these steps:
- With AE open, click Edit > Templates > Output Modules.
- In the Output Module Templates panel that opens click the Settings Name drop-down menu.
- Find the Idomoo Video output module. If it has the word Missing next to it like in the picture below, you know that's the problem.
To solve the problem all you need to do is remove this output module and reload it. Follow these steps:
- With the Output Module Templates panel still open select the Missing: Idomoo Video template in the Settings Name drop-down menu.
- Click Delete below the drop-down menu to delete this output module.
- Click Load... at the bottom left of the panel.
- In the file browser that opens, navigate to the extras folder in the install location. By default this is C:\Program Files\Idomoo\Extras or /Applications/Idomoo/extras/ on a Mac.
- Double click Idomoo Video.aom.
- If an error message appears, ignore it by clicking OK.
- Click OK to close the Output Modules panel.
I installed Space Tools and it's not working
If you're getting the error:
- plug-in "IdomooLaunchpad.aex" could not be loaded
- can't find main entry point for "IdomooLaunchpad.aex"
then there must have been a problem with your installation where not all the files have been updated. Do the following:
- In the Finder go to: /Applications/Idomoo/ and double click uninstall.app
- Follow the instructions to uninstall.
- When the uninstallation process finishes close the window. You'll now make sure the uninstaller actually worked and delete anything it has left behind.
- Go to the Applications folder. If the folder Idomoo still exists, delete it.
- Go to Applications/Adobe After Effects CC <version>/Plug-ins/
- If there's an Idomoo folder in there, delete it.
- Do this for all installations of After Effects you have.
- Download the latest Space Tools installer from https://pv.idomoo.com/#/download-tools.
- Install Space Tools using the downloaded installer and enjoy.